Winters coming and what do I do now?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Logan's Landscaping, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Logan's Landscaping

Logan's Landscaping LawnSite Member

I started my company last year and only have high end residential customers.The problem is that last winter from the end of december til the end of march i had very little work. I dont have any contracts with my customers. They all like to pay once a month for the services that have been done during that time.I plan on going after some commercial work next spring but what is the best way to keep money flowing year round?
  2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

get a part time job
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Plow, interior landscapes, oil delivery (cdl required), firewood. Just some thoughts. :cool:
  4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the same boat...I'm going to try to get a job at a local ski resort...if I have to get a real job, it might as well be one where I can ski all I want!!!
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I say............. GO SNOWMOBILING !!!!!!!!!!!:)
  6. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Sit back by the fire and have a beer then when it snows I plow.

Seems like every time I fire my plow truck up work just runs to me
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

snow removal for us
  8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Stop eating and just keep paying for your internet so you can just sit around and surf lawnsite all day. LOL>

Just jokin, seems alot of LCO's and the such go to big stores in sales for the winter as they dont want full timers and LCO's dont wanna stay. I know one guy goes to the same store every year. It helps for holiday rushes for them too. Some guys go out and frame. YIKES! I am afraid of hard work. lol.

Me, i would like to say i budget and save well. In all actuality i starve better and visit family more. Mom always is glad to see me and i just tell her it is because i now have time. hehe.
    ok, ok i do odd jobs and i used to work at the local hospital a little too. Good luck man. These first years can be a little belt tightening.
  9. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

i keep a part time job all year long. Its only a 2 day per week job with a couple hours each day and it brings in close to $10,000 a year extra. So i kinda treat it as another account in the business. Not too bad really.
  10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I deliver pizzas and plow snow. I worked for same place on and off since I was 16. They know when it snows I have to leave. All tips are cash, brings in about 400-500 a week during the winter. Also they let me attach a buisness card to the pizzas I deliver, so I get some free advertising too.