1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Winters coming

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Did 2 Bahia yards today and the growth was half of last weeks and almost no seed heads...it's coming boys!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. just cuts lawn care

just cuts lawn care LawnSite Member

I agree diamond a lot of mine are getting to be the same plus the nice cooler weather in mornings is enjoyable

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes even some shrubs have started to slow. The St.Aug is not has thick in my area. We havent had those afternoon storms witch has slowed it down a little. October should be good.:)

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Rain yesterday afternoon, early this morning. Temps high 80's low 90's. Grass still growing. EOW still a ways off for me.

Dry season means more irrigation problems to $olve

5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i was out today and some of my bahia yards were dry and not that tall. no rain here in over a week with temps in the low 90's, but now i am getting slammed with rain.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Summer ain't ready to give up yet. Been hot and humid for the last few. Dew point was near 75F all morning and afternoon. Heat index was actually back over 100 today for a couple of hours, and it poured here this evening. Looks like temps will be running above average for the next week at least.

7. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Bahia starting to slow nicely, but we will see, temps. have been creeping back up and it has been raining hard here the last 3 hours.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, with this rain tonight, the grass will pop back to normal, at least for another week.

9. True, but the next 6 weeks will be slower growth than June, July, august. Shorter days mean less growth. Bahia will def be EOW first week of October.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Lucky. Summer started late here. I am hoping it ends early as well. 80 and 80 in the morning.