Winters coming

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Rain this morning, high humingditty & temps. Busted a sweat just getting out of the truck.

2. jvanvliet

You got that right, can't get your blades sharp enough to not leave stragglers. I've had a little experience with it, glad I don't have to cut it anymore. I would charge a premium to cut it again.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

LOL - I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Today was a little better but still warm as hell. The few lawns I have that are Bahia did slow down for the most part. I have one that apparently gets lots of fert and irrigation....it has been a nightmare all year..kind of like mowing a hay field once a week. I was always looking behind me for the bailer but it was never there.

4. I dint get the people that get Bahia and fert/irrigate it....
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they enjoy seeing the lawn guy suffer !

6. Landscape Poet

Me too - kills me. :cry: Although I will not say Bahia is a attractive turf grass yet...I will say this lawn at least makes me see that it does have some potential and does not have to look like a roadside.

7. The last 2 days were tough. Not as bad as the hell months, but still hot. I was dripping all day today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Thought miyagi had that on lock
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jvanvliet

3 shirts in the field & one for the way home. Hot, humid but no rain. Have to make the rounds this PM and start up all my irrigation.

10. Landscape Poet

Rain missed me today too.....good stuff.....warm as heck out there for sure....it is not July or August hot but still warm enough. Our current conditions are what the guys up north would call HOT...LOL