Winters coming

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Got wet as heck here towards the end of the day. Kick in our warmer weather and the grass will be strong next week.

2. I'm hoping that October has high temps that are 5 degrees less than what we are getting now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Feels like 101 today. 3 more shirts, good thing my wife loves doing laundry.

Turned on all the irrigation yesterday afternoon. Rained all night & getting ready to rain again now, can't seem to win for loosing.

Hope the humidity drops soon, I can take the heat, but the humidity is a killer.

4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Landscape Poet

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

This week has been pretty darn miserable. After coming off of a couple weeks of dry air, this sucks.

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Pulling out the Gore-Tex goose down parkas... more rain today. Weatherman promises cooler weather in two weeks; I'll believe it when I see it.

Putting four shirts, two towels and 10 gallons of iced tea with lemon on my truck :clapping:

EOW, ETA October 31st.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I'm a big fan of cotton shirts, and never much cared for the way synthetic materials feel. But the Coolmax shirts are fairly thin and air dry in nothing flat, and don't smell like a wet rag after they do. I won't say they are way cooler and that they make hot, humid day comfortable, but they do allow some air flow.

9. today during the afternoon was a hot one....man, cmon winter!!!

10. Landscape Poet

I use UA....again not going to say they are the best in the world of make that big of a difference but they are more comfortable and wick the moisture away. I think the UA underwear has been one of my best clothing purchases since opening up down here only proceeded by my red wings.