Winters coming

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I know that I have some small landscaping and mulch jobs and a few other things that need to get done, but I have had to push them back because the grass just isn't slowing up. Things that just need to be done in one day, but I can't seem to get a free day. Last weekends rain threw me off that much more. Not that we didn't need the rain.
  2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

May have needed it....just would of been nice if it was spread out over the month instead of three days.
  3. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

No kidding, this last week has really gotten hot and humid again.Feels like we've gotten more rain in the last few weeks than the entire season together.
  4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally a little more than a tease !!! :cool2:
  5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

All I can say is that I am pissed at the local weather guys....all day Monday all I heard was button down.....Tuesday 100% chance of heavy rains. So I call off even attempt to go out Tuesday...figure why pay the payroll to have someone sit in the truck with me and watch wiper blades. By Monday night it was a 90% chance of rain...different...but not enough to warrant a changing my previous midnight it was 80%.....Tuesday morning...same thing I sat at home, waiting and bracing for this HUGE rain......about 8:30 last night I got a light sprinkle.
    I hope they have the low of the lower 50's right later this week....that means lower soil temps which means live gets real good.
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, no kidding. I got a lot of my Tuesday stuff done on Monday thinking it was going to be a wash. I was surprised that it still was not raining at sunset. I woke up yesterday looking at the radar, thinking, "I believe these people have lost their minds." There was no way it was going to rain before noon. I went out and mowed three more before taking the mower into the shop for some warranty work. Figured the rain must get here sooner or later. I looked at the radar again and went back out and trimmed hedges.

There was going to be 2-3 inches of rain, thunderstorm and wind. We might have had 2/100th inch of rain, no thunder, and no wind until the front started pushing through.
  7. Basically what happened to you Orlando guys is the opposite of a few weeks ago when you had 3 days of rain or whatever and we were supposed to get tons as well. "80% chance." We got zilch. Well, it rained Monday afternoon here, all day yesterday, and a few hours this AM. Didn't get as many inches as you guys, but the opposite of a few weeks ago.
  8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

IMHO this has been one of the Hottest & Humid summer also. Add in the fact we have had 3 winters in a Row with Freezes and our weather pattern sure is changing.