Wire Connections

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, May 30, 2009.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I am pretty sure that the barrels used here are copper and not aluminum.

I have not yet used the product, but will let you know what I think when it arrives here.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Buchanon Crimps, NovaGard G661 grease and Heat Shrink Tubing would be my preffered method!

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Just received my order from www.lightingshrink.com and the barrels are in fact aluminum and not copper.

Spoke to the owner today and they will be posting contractor/bulk pricing on the website in the next day or so.

I will give these a try on the job we are working on now and report back my opinions and findings.

4. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

No need to report back. We all know what happens to aluminum in the ground, and this just looks like a chicken spit replica of something that has already been produced and introduced to the market with excellent results. If it aint broke, don't try to fix it and certainly don't try to charge more for it!

5. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Very good point

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

This system of connections is new to me. Chris says it is an exact replica of "something that has already been produced and introduced to the market with excellent results". Mind filling me in as to what that product is?

I admit the pricing on the site is a bit high, but it will be interesting to see if the proprietor will get the prices down to competitive levels for contractor/bulk orders. I certainly hope so.

Will try them out today. Looks to me that installation time will be cut in half compared to using ACE Connectors.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  7. trailboss

trailboss LawnSite Member

Yeah, your installation time will be cut in half. It stinks to be up in a tree trying to dig for an allen wrench to tighten up an ace.
    I have been buying the crimps and heat shrink in bulk and making this same setup.

Steve

8. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

I have been buying the crimps and heat shrink in bulk and making this same setup. Exactly.

Just remember its all about 3m heat shrink. That cheep stuff does not shrink as much or as tight as the 3m tubes.

9. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Plumbers have been use that type of connection for well pumps for yrs. Instead of a special Pat pending tool they use sta-con to crimp them. Then use the heat shrink over that, then in the well it goes.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Steve. Rather that have to go to all the hassle of making connections up a tree, why not use an application specific fixture like the CAST CCTL1C Treelight, or the Nightscaping JEMLiter? These both come with 35' of factory installed cable and integral treemount hardware, making installation quick and easy.

Regards.