1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wire dispensers

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Pro-Scapes, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

After 4 years of good use my CAST wire dispenser finally broke down on me. The bearing seized and was missing half of the balls. I definatly got my use out of it so I cannot complain.

I looked at several but decided to go back to the original I used back in my fiber optic (broadband data) days. What are you guys using ? I find these inexpensive enough to have several on site and they fold up flat to boot. I have tried everything from Rack a tier to greenlee stuff but these are by far the best.

http://www.buy.com/prod/steren-cable-caddy-nic/q/loc/101/205984332.html

2. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, the rack-a-tier is very versatile. Makes a good stool for sitting and wiring up connections too.

4. Pro-Scapes

I much preffer these to the rack a tiers. If i want something to sit on a 5 gallon bucket works fine.

5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

We offer one that works well with 500' spools. The ES part # is PLWSC, and comes powder coated in Bengal Blue!

plwsc.jpg

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Oooh, I like that one Anthony. That would be very compact in an already tight van. PM me about where to buy one.

Thanks

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

you mean none of you use the old cinder blocks and shovel handle technique? Rookies.............j/k LOL

8. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

Jackstands and a steel rod.

9. Pro-Scapes

the link I posted looks huge in the pic. Really it folds flat a little bigger than a cookie sheet when not in use but the overhead rail makes carrying spools alot easier. I have been really happy over the past week I have been using them and at this price point they are really a steal.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

For 250 ft spools I put the spools on end in plastic milk crates and pop a piece of rebar down through the middle arbor to anchor them to the ground.