1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wire Harness

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mmonte31, Jun 19, 2008.

1. mmonte31

mmonte31 LawnSite Member

Has anybody ever had difficulty disconnecting the wire harness that runs from the clutch on a Scag WB. Any suggestions would help!
  2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes :cry:

I hit them with some penetrating oil, then work the edges of the outer plastic connector with a pocket screwdriver, usually the outer connector has a clip that holds the inner one from falling out you will have to pick up on that clip just enough to get it moving then pull like hell and try not to bust your knuckles, good luck I can almost feel your pain already :laugh:
  3. lubricity

lubricity LawnSite Member

When re-installing, use a little Die-electric grease. it will help a little. But good dextarity is the answer
  4. mmonte31

mmonte31 LawnSite Member

Well I've cut myself 3 times and still have nothing to show for it. It's insane, I'm a pretty strong guy and it will not budge.
  5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The plastic housing is the key. They are made so that if you try to pull on the wires the terminals inside the housing lock tight. You have to slide a small screw driver under the locking tab and then pull the plaistic housings apart becareful not to put any tension on the wires. Using two set of pliers works for me.
  6. mmonte31

mmonte31 LawnSite Member

That does make sense, it does seem like the connection is locked tight. I do lift on the tab which is on the wire harness, and try pulling with pliers and nothing. How would you get the connection to "unlock".