1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wireless electronic timers

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by instyle, Jun 11, 2008.

1. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I have a large property with 5 seperate manual valves, the customer wants electronic. However, the valves are in 5 differant places. I am looking for a wirless controller. I can replace all the manual valves with electronic ones but still need to tell them to turn on.

Is there a product for me??

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

There are wireless valves and controllers that will talk to eachother, however, for five valves this is pricey.

There is the rain bird TBOS, but this is a pricey option unless you do alot of this kind of work.

However, hunter makes a battery powered solenoid clock for single valves.
    You need to by the hunter porduct and a dc latching solenoid (to replace the existing solenoid) then you jusy have to coordinate the valve openings so they go on in order. Keep track of this on paper, valve 1, 2 etc.

3. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

It's usually more cost effective to just run wires.

4. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

How so?

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

including time/labor to install those wires AND a clock to control them? No way is it cheaper to install wires. Wires are only cheaper if the trenches are already open for a new install, not a retro fit after the fact.

Btw, those dc latching solenoid hunter battery powered colcsk need to have the 9v battery changed out of them every year.