Wiring a Cig Plug On My Deere 4310?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by FearThisDeere, Dec 12, 2007.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I really would like to wire up a cigarette plug on my Deere 4310 so I can run my lightbar off of it. How hard is it to do? Is there a quick connect wire somewhere? I'd like to wire one up tomorrow before we get some snow, butit might have to wait if it's too involved. When I got the tractor I was really surprised that it didn't have one with it.:hammerhead:

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

if you look down at the bottom of the ROPS around the 3pt you will see a wire with tape around it, that is to hook an optional rear work light to, it runs off the headlight/no flashers setting on the selector knob...you can either hardwire the light bar into that, and it turns on when the headlights turn on, or you can wire the cig plug into that and it turns on when the headlights turn on...the only problem with that is you cant have the flashers and the strobe on at the same time...another option is to install the cig plug in the dash by drilling a hole and either running the wire to the ignition or right to the battery...make sure you put an inline fuse in there, 10-15 amp will be fine...i would opt for the direct to the battery because you dont know what you are drawing power from when you run it to the ignition, just make sure you unplug everything before leaving because it wont be on a switch, therefore the cig plug will be on all the time

3. FearThisDeere

Thanks Dirt Digger. That wire by the 3 point is already in use. I have three work lights on the ROPS. I'll have to wire it in to the battery. too much work for today, but it'll be a project for the a boring day. I don't really like the three setting i have for my light switch. First setting is just for the flashers, second is for the flashers and stock headlights, and the third is for the stock headlights and the three work lights. I can make do, but with a plow on the headlights are useless with it raised. If I'm on or near a road I just leave the headlights on with the flashers. I might jsut get some battery powered LED lights and see how those work out. All the drives that I plow are close together. I've also noticed a wire dangling by the brake pedals on the left side. It's pink with a black cap on the end. Do you know what that's for?

4. Dirt Digger2

from PA

i havent seen one like that on our 4700, but its obviously some type accessory that hasn't been hooked up, it may be a cig lighter wire because i believe it is an option...just get one of those voltage testers and test it....i am pretty sure deere uses the same wire harness for everything from base model to top of the line, that way if someone orders an accessory all they have to do is plug it in

for light you could do what one guy around here does...he has two of those off road 4"x6" lights...the cheap kind at pepboys..bolted to the grille guard on the top, it raises the light probably another 10-12 inches, then he just spliced into the headlight wire so all 4 come on at the same time...it looks really....goofy to say the least, but it lights up the night

5. Dirt Digger2

from PA

i see on your that you have the lights way up high...how did you get them up there?...drill all the way through the ROPS and run a long bolt? or did you weld a bracket there and drill a hole for the wire?

we have ours on the hinge of the ROPS...it was an easy bolting place without having to drill

2.jpg

6. FearThisDeere

The dealer put them on when we bought the tractor. They bolted up a bracker and ran the wires up through the rops and ran them out a hole. The hole looks like it is there from the factory. You can hardly see the wires except for the light that shines out back. They are all in that conduit stuff. Looks like it would have come from the factory. I'll have to get a voltage tester on that wire and see what I have. If I could wire it up to there that would be easy. Thanks again.