wiring diagram honda gxv390k1det3

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by robertb, Apr 21, 2005.

1. robertb

robertb LawnSite Member

I have a Honda 13 hp model GXV390K1DET3
    The motor has 6 wires coming off of it.
    Near the carborator there is one black wire that I think goes to the on/off switch to shut the engine off.
    There are two green wires next to the starter.
    Then there are three wires coming off of the oil sensor two green and one red wire.
    I downloaded the owners manual but the wiring diagram is not very helpful.
    Can anyone help me determine which wires go where.

Thanks
    Bob

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I will check my shop service manuel today and see if I can give you a hand,But you didn't say what type equipment this engine is on !
    That mite be helpful,I will get back to you!

14yr. Briggs Master Service Technician
    Factory Trained in Kohler
    Tecumseh
    Honda
    Kawasaki
    Onan
    Polaris ATV & WATERCRAFT

3. robertb

robertb LawnSite Member

I have the engine installed on a Snapper rear engine rider series 6 extra tough .
    The Snapper has a black wire from the key switch which I think goes to ignition to shut the
    engine off. It also has a white wire from the solenoid which I think is used to recharge the battery from the engines charging system.
    Thanks
    Bob

4. Restrorob

Ok Robertb, This is what I found; The black wire is the kill wire it would normally go to a kill switch mounted on the throttle control plate,Just hook your kill switch wire the black one to it. On the oil alert controller one of the green wires go to a ground point anywhere on the engine,The other green wire would go to the black wire with the kill switch,The red wire goes to the alert sensor that is mounted in the engine block. The two green wires by the starter are in deed the charging system wires, I will need to do a little more reserch on hooking that up to your snapper but I need to know if you started your unit with the key switch or you have the push button start under the right side of the seat ?
    I'm off till monday so I will try to find something out for ya then.
    If you wire like I said at least you can get some mowing done till the charging system is figured out,The battery is for starting only so when the engine starts spinning over a little slow just recharge the battery a couple hours and go some more.
    I will get back with ya later !

5. Restrorob

Oh forgot to ask did you get the starter wired ok ?

6. Restrorob

Just happen to think ! If you hook up the alert system and the engine doesn't start there is probably a bad controller or sensor, Just disconnect the green wire from your black kill wire. There is a good chance thats why the wires were cut in the first place. The engine will run without the alert hooked up,You just have to check your oil more often.