wiring diagrams

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by brdlydncn, Jun 29, 2011.

1. brdlydncn

brdlydncn LawnSite Member

I have a 1988 grasshopper 1822D the engine shuts off when the pto is engaged does anyone have a wiring diagram for it i can only find one for the 1822K.

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Most all of the GH owners manuals have parts lists and wiring diagrams. I'd suggest a call to GH(620-345-8621), ask for tech service, they ought to be able to give you some answers--possibly fax/email you a wiring diagram. You could call the Mower Shop in Fischers or a dealer near you. i had a full set of GH manuals but tossed them when I moved a year ago so can't give you any help.

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I looked and I can not find anything either. But just by what you say I would start with the seat switch. It sounds like it does not 'see' you on the seat when you engage the PTO and that is why it dies.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Bronze Member

It only stalls when the PTO is engaged? I have a manual for electrical troubleshoot on GH's. You will go broke just replacing parts. When we were a dealer, I know the printed circuit board was troublesome as was the interlock module which controlled the hold portion of the shut off solenoid. I will see what I can come up with tomorrow. By all means do as was suggested above. Who knows, it might be that simple.

5. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

Are the deck and the RPMs high?
    Is the handbrake off?
    Are you solidly on the seat?
    Are the control arms in the outside position?
    Did you try pulling the PTO control momentarily to break the friction?