Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jmmjr78, Mar 10, 2010.

1. jmmjr78

jmmjr78 LawnSite Member

is it involved to hook up a wiring harness in a vehicle for a trailer?

2. seabee1

seabee1 LawnSite Member

it can be as involved as you can make it ! what truck ,and what type of plug do you need with what functions ?:)

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

it can vary from really easy to a little more complicated depending on what your tow vehicle is and what you will be towing

4. jmmjr78

jmmjr78 LawnSite Member

well it is actually for my wife's 2009 honda pilot. nothing heavy small little boat trailer. i just wanted to try myself. i like takeing on things to see if i can do them myself. figured i would ask first. have aa ton of electrical experience but that is not the same as car experience. was just curious and appreciate the responses

5. seabee1

seabee1 LawnSite Member

from what drawtite says i don't know that it will be easy for a simple 4 wire flat plug ,they say average install time is 20 minuets but i imagine if you are experienced ! .they use a circuit protected modulite ,but unless it is a plug in (i don't think so )they have several options the best is if it has a factory tow package .
    Part # Description
    118491 T-One Connector Assembly w/Upgraded Circuit Protected ModuLiteĀ® HD Module
    118253 Replacement OEM Tow Package Wiring Harness (7-Way) w/Circuit Protected ModuLiteĀ® HD Module
    w/Factory Tow Package
    Part # Description
    20268 Brake Control Wiring Adapter, Honda
    22288 Brake Control Wiring Adapter - 2 plugs, Honda