Wisconsin Guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnut101, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Hey are you guys mowing lawns yet? I may start doing some tomorrow, but don't want to be the only one. I will probably call a few customers first.

2. mngreenguy

mngreenguy LawnSite Member
    from mn

all the commercial places where i work in st paul were mowed last week

3. Lawnut101

Ok good to know! Thanks. Some lawns that are well taken care of or not mowed short in fall are getting kinda long and shaggy.

4. ExtExc

ExtExc LawnSite Member

not quite mowing yet, but i have started spring clean ups and i mow after thatching the yard.

5. Lawnut101

Yeah, I've been doing cleanups for the last couple weeks and dethatching as well.

6. bucky5

bucky5 LawnSite Member

Should finish with clean ups this week. I too mow after thatching. Looks like maybe early next week we will start the actual mowing.

7. Lawnut101

Did you get a lot of rain this past weekend up by you? The grass around here really drank that water up, and it's starting to grow pretty good.

8. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Cleanup and fert so far...too wet to mow!

9. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    from WI

Definitely have a few accounts that need mowing. Way to wet to start. Hopefully plan to start on Wednesday. :usflag:

10. bucky5

bucky5 LawnSite Member

We picked up about 1" of rain on Sunday and things are really starting to green up and grow. Looks like possible rain Wed-Friday so I am hoping it won't be to wet to start mowing first thing next week.