1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Small Business

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by BeautifulBlooms, Nov 12, 2005.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Any advice on employees in a maintenance company. My wifes business has existed to date for 5 years as mostly landscape design. We are adding a maintenance division and are wondering how to go about adding employees to our staff. We have basically filled my time this coming season 2006 with maintenance (LANDSCAPE NOT LAWN) jobs, and my wife can continue with design if necessary.

How do we retain employees from yar to year being onl seasonal. We do not want lawn maintenance or snow removal! Can we do this. We are trained professionals with degrees in horticulture so we are aiming at the big landscape sthat require constant deadheading, and weeding, edgins etc. and then we can also provide fall cleanups perennial cutback, shrub pruning, small tree maintenance (no climbing) and the best of all leaf cleanup.

Give me some advice on employee management in the upper midwest (3 months of snow cover usually.