Wise Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TaylorLawn, Jan 14, 2003.

1. TaylorLawn

TaylorLawn LawnSite Member

It seems to me that many of the members of this forum are using this great opportunity to expand and gain useful knowledge in the green industry as an opportunity to either downgrade or promote whatever brand of lawn care equipment or product they seem to feel is necessary to their survival or possible demise in the business. I appreciate all of the questions which have been aroused, and I implore others to keep them coming. What I truly feel is that if we are serious about this industry, all of the comparing and needless insinuations about particular products and defaults of these products should be placed in a seperate forum itself...Thank You, Eric

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

:confused: Huh? :confused:

I though that's what this forum is all about. To help others make an informed decision.

3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

people love their brands. trucks, mowers, aerators, even software, boot brand, cell phone, etc.

can't get away from it. just have to take each opinion with a grain of salt.

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

i understand where you're coming from eric. but are the people giving an honest opinion or are they being biast due to the fact that they own a certain brand of equipment? i for one am a big fan of eXmark. yes, its the only mower i've ever used, so i can't compare it to say a Scag. but i can brag about it being a great piece of equipment, and i can back it with proof. i guess as long as people share their input and are fair, then thats great, we will all be more knowlegable because of it. you do have a good point and i'm sure there will be many interesting posts. ;)

G

5. TaylorLawn

I totally agree, but it appears that we have been gathered toward ebracing a certain product to do the job, and if there is a product which can do all that is required, then by all means, let me know the name brand......we all use different types of equipment...........I have no problem discussing pros and cons of each, it is just the complete downgrading of a product as compared to another......What works for one, may not work well for another, especially in a diffrent zone...........

6. TaylorLawn

I guess I should have stated "how do you do that", and not what did you use to do that????????? Does that make any sense????????? If you should state what brand that is fine, but I guess what I am saying is do not try so hard to push it on someone else, I can fairly well imitate the other with a different type machine.......ET

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You are going to have this when you have almost 9000 members for all over the world. It goes "with the territory" I'm afraid.

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

My pet peeve is when someone knocks something that YOU yourself, haven't owned or tried. I'm talking about specifically mower brands and models. Some people on here will say a brand of mower is crap because there friend had one and had problems. I only coment on something that I own or have used.
    I think that is also forum rules too.

9. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Taylorlawn, I agree.seems you gotta be "ridin red" to be in the "click"!! ;)

10. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

People come & people go especially here in cyber space. Like many other forums on the internet anyone can be an expert and we do have our share. Even if they lack actual experience with the business or business tools. Even with all the "BS" passed through these pages it does present the opportunity to learn from time to time. But it never fails to put a smile on my face.