Wish I had a camera with me yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AVRECON, Apr 16, 2002.

1. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

You guys wouldn't believe what I saw comming into town yesterday, LOL! I was on a 4 lane highway, and saw 2 guys on crapsman riding mowers comming into town, riding down the shoulder of the highway. The first guy was pulling a small trailer with a push mower and trimmers I suppose. The only thing I could see real good was the ten speed bike that was sitting on top of everything else, LOL! And the other guy was picking up the rear on his crapsman mower. Soon as I saw this I thought of you guys and the earlier thread. I was like "Damn, wish I had a camera so I could take a pic for the guys on Lawnsite".

2. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a scouting team for the S.S.A.L.M. army ( Scurbs,Scabs and Anybody with a Lawn Mower)

3. You just have to admire guys like that. They are doing things the hard way to put food on table for their familes. I am sure that if they had a choice they would have the $150,000 worth of equipment that everyone else has. I for one think that they should be congradulated for working hard and carrying their own weight. America could use more people like them who understand what a work ethic is. America was founded by people just like them.

4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Most likely they will spend their $10 earnings on a bag of crack. I've seen that type around here in S.E. Va.

5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

With a nice generalization like that you should be able to tell us just how much crack you can get for $10.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

whats wrong with crapsman tractors!!! lol, i dont trust mine enough to go out on the shoulder of a 4 lane road, id be to embarassed if it decided to die

7. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

That was a generalization or a stereotype. But, most people who do not have transportaion either can't get a license because of a criminal offense or spend their money on other things that are more important to them besides transportation. As for the amount of crack you can buy for $10, I don't know, since I am in the US Navy and I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. That is my opinion, and you know what opinions are like.

8. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

9. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I do not admire anyone like that. If it can't be done right- don't do it at all. Defending this kind of practice, which gives the whole biz a black eye, is wrong. Around here the state patrol would have those guys in the back of their car for reckless endangerment. What fools. The only thing they will do with the twenty bucks take for that day is buy some booze. Why do you think they don't drive a truck - maybe no drivers license, huh?:angry:

Stop defending scrubs. Please.

10. david griggs

david griggs LawnSite Member

geez, there just trying to make some $$. how do you know what their going to spend it on? im sure you've never spent your $$ on booze. dont be a snob.