Wish I had known about this sooner...

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by lotsagrass, Jan 4, 2011.

1. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

It didn't leave me stranded. I caught it in time, but if I had known this was a common problem on the newer style F150's (2004-2008), I would have sprayed it down with Fluid Film. Fuel Pump Driver Module. I guess the mix of road salt and the fact that it's steel against aluminum really caused the corrosion to get way out of hand. The replacement kit now includes studs to lift the module off the frame's cross-member but still, I sprayed the crap out of the new one with Fluid Film once I had it was installed. :) Just in case.

Here's the before photo, all cracked and ready to fail and leave me stranded on the road somewhere.

[​IMG]

Here it is after I got it off. It broke apart when I unbolted it. One of the bolts was totally fused to the aluminum case...it wouldn't come off the casing. It all twisted as one piece, which sort of screwed up the threads on that one hole.

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of the new kit that has the studs for lifting it off the frame. (this one is not my photo - but the first two were).

[​IMG]

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

damn, that is pretty bad corrosion. FF to the rescue

3. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Thankfully, you caught it in time and yes, FLUID FILM to the rescue!!!!. :clapping:

4. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

Nice post I think you saved me some money here I will be checking out my truck and spraying it down if it is not too late. It is worth a few cans of fluid film not to be stuck someplace... I think I will be using a can on the truck this year.

5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I like that saying: "Fluid Film to the rescue!"

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

thanks, i am accepting royalties now and will await my first payments to arrive any day now from your new motto!

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

great job grassman!!

ppl laugh at me when i paint brand new things (like the headache rack on the ford and some body parts i've bought and such) but quality is not there like it was years ago. id rather take a little extra time and be safe not sorry.