Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey guys, I am flying out of town early Tuesday morning for a job interview. There is a large Electrical Contracting firm in the midwest that is interested in having me start up and operate a lighting division for them. They see the potential revenue of a specialized division for limited energy applications and realize that this is something they can no longer afford to ignore. They have told me they are wanting to make a huge advertising push this year and gain market dominance in the landscape lighting industry in their area. So, I guess I will see what they have in mind.
    Advantages I see are:
    -They have a great name in their community and a very deep past customer list to go back and advertise in.
    -(not sure yet), but they seem very well funded and operate an already very successful Elecrical contracting and service company.
    -They are in a large metropolitan area with a much larger potential customer base than I could hope for here where I live.
    -They are chomping at the bit excited to get this going and to make it ultra successful. After talking to the owner, it seems we share a common vision for what is possible and where this thing could go which is a definite plus.

If it looks like it is going to be financially advantageous for both parties, I might make the move. We'll see. I am not overly excited about moving my family, but this could be a one of kind opportunity.

2. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I wish you luck my friend. It is not easy to make such a move should you need to. Keep us posted.

3. bmwsmity

bmwsmity LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Ohio

good luck tim...just hope it's not in cincinnati LOL

sounds like an exciting opportunity!

4. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Very Interesting,
    I wish the best for you. I will be interested on hearing how your furture turn of events come out.
    ~Ned

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Wow best of luck Tim! I hope its a good oppurtunity for you, Make sure it all makes sense, Relocating can be hard but in this economy if it will help you and the family, then thats the way to go.

6. indylights

indylights LawnSite Member

I know the company and position you are interviewing for. You'll love it here. Good luck.

7. Lite4

Well, I havn't taken it yet. Tomorrow is as much an interview for them as it is for me. It sounds like they have been beating the brush pretty hard around there looking for the right person. How has the local economy been around there for you? It seems you all are faring much better than in my neck of the woods.

8. worx

worx LawnSite Senior Member

Best of luck for you and your family Tim. I hope everything goes well!!!!!

9. Lite4

Thanks Steve, I appreciate that.

10. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member