Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Feb 15, 2009.

1. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Tim - Congrats on the new job and new opportunity.

Please take some hard learned advice from a guy who went from owning my own business, into a big partnership, and back again- get your contract in WRITING, and get an exit contract WRITTEN and SIGNED in place about what "Firefly" brings and gets to take from the business if you leave. You have a cool logo and have built a brand, and mentioned you may keep that brand in your new business position Indy. Make sure you have ownership in that brand that they buy from you if you leave the company and leave that brand there, or you take it back with you and you don't have to buy it from them.

Most folks don't think about endings when they start new beginninigs. I wish I had. Don't make the same mistake I did and get nothing for a brand you have already started, paid for and developed.

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

That's good advice. Thanks Dave

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I made it across country and am here and have jumped in with both feet. I am feverishly getting our price book and patio show display put together. I hope everyone is doing well and will be in touch. Wait till you guys get a load of my service truck. Holy cow dog. I will try to snap a pic and put it up on monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

glad things are going well for you. keep us updated.

5. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

That is awesome Tim. Can't wait to see the pic of the decked out truck and the first demos you set up out there.