Wishful thinking or is the growth slowing a bit??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Jun 9, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part but even with all this continued rain, it seems that the non fertilized properties grass growth is slowing...maybe just a little. One would think by now that the grass would have just about exhausted its food reserves given 2 months of constant heavy growth....or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that this nightmare will end soon!!!...lol

looks like here in the Mid Atlantic we'll have the first warm temps this week....we'll proably pass out from heat exhausution when the temps reach the upper 70's since our boides are not conditioned to "normal" temps!!!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have noticed them slowing down a little in the last 2 weeks. The grass just can't sustain this much heavy growth for too long.

Or maybe we're just getting used to it. I think that once the sun comes out and we get some higher temps that the crabgrass is going to go ape crazy.

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

oh shucks...I for got about that stuff...oh well...looks like we'll all be buyig more blades this season since we'll be sharpening them down to nothing every couple days