Witch Mower? Gravely or Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 19, 2002.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm already shopping for a new mower for next year. I'm looking at 72" cut diesels. So far I've narrowed it down to an Exmark or a Gravely. The Exmark is know for it's great cut. There are 3 dealers close by. However, headlights aren't factory available, and I'm hearing that the 27hp Daihatsu diesel isn't powerfull enough for the 72" deck. There's only one Gravely dealer in my area. I like the 13mph speed, headlights, hyrdalic deck lift, and the 31hp turbo Daihatsu diesel.

2. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

go with the exmark with the 31-hp LC. I have the 72" with the 26hp kohler and i wish it had more power. but otherwise i love the mower

3. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

trust me!!!!!! Go with the Exmark

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Think Exmark is comming out with the Higher Horse Power diesel With turbo In 2003. The hydro Lift system is Nice untill you use It In turn's You Have To take Your Hand Off the Lever, The foot lift is Better I Have found. If you take a Look at the deck you Will see Why The gravely Is Less Expensive. Just My 02.

Johnny G.:cool: :cool:

5. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

You should check out the SCAGS ¿ ¿:blob4: :blob3:

6. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

A witch on a Exmark now that would be a site to see,I under the impression that they rode brooms.
    But on the serious side go with Exmark.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Yea, I know. I tried to edit it but it wouldn't accept a subject change.