witch one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slplow, Mar 18, 2006.

1. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Well I am replacing 5yr old lesco 52'' hydo w/b witch has been a good mower. The two mowers I am looking at are, left over exmark 52'' viking for $4,700 + tax and the toro 52'' with the torbo force deck for $4,600. no tax.
    The exmark dealer is only 5 mins away and has been treating me well. On the other hand the toro seems to have a nicer deck but dealer is an hour away.
  2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Having a dealer close by is very convenient and would be a big deciding factor for me.

I don't have any experience with Exmark but I do with Toro. I was just checking out the 36 and 40 w/b the other day at my dealer. The turbo force decks are nice. Reinforced, bull nose front ends, rear skid plates, built in adjustable discharge baffle, hard rubber discharge chute. They're sweet.
  3. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

are you into witch craft or are you just ignorant of the spelling of which?;)
  4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I thought this would be a Ditch Witch topic:laugh:
  5. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Witchcraft is ONE word.:rolleyes:
  6. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

Would Jesus belittle a man for an honest spelling mistake? I've seen some of your posts and I don't think your quite ready to write the next great American novel. The man axed a simple question.
  7. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Ask the dealers if you can demo the mower.
    What engines do they have on them.
    If the exmark dealer is within 5 miles and is treating you well I would choose the dealer that is closer. For example if you are out cutting and break a belt and dont have a spare which dealer would you want to be dealing with then?
    We have owned 6 exmarks (still have 5, upgraded the oldest) and have not been disappointed with any of them they have ranged from 36" cuts with the 12.5 hp kawasaki up to the turf tracers with 52" decks and 23hp kohlers.
  8. PGA

Poor question...I wonder if it hurt?
  9. PGA

Exmark IS Toro so in essence your getting the same product with just different looks.

I think the answer is pretty obvious with one being 5 mins away and the other being an hour away. Think of the long run.
  10. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

Hey now that we're friends again,I want to tell you good work on that Church bid.