witch zrt?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, May 24, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I am thinking about finally buying a zrt? My choices are Ex-mark, Toro, Dixie Chopper and John Deere. Also witch size is best? I am a one man show with about 20 small to moderate sized lawns.

2. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Toro Z-100 44/17. The cut is excellent, even in wet grass. I cut similar properties to yours and found the 44" deck to be more than adequite. Although, sometimes I think the walkbehind would have been a better choice because most of my properties are less than 10,000 sq.ft. but with the small footprint of the 100 series it does great. If you are looking to sit down then I highly reccomend the Toro 100 series.

3. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark Lazer Z HP 44/17.

It's great beacause the small size allows me to ge into my 15,000 sq ft propterties, yet it still has lots of speed for when I get to my wide open commercial contracts ...it's a very versitile machine.

If all of your lawns are in the 10,000 sq ft. range I would recommend a w/b over the ztr.

4. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Witch ZTR?

Most Witches use this type of ZTR.:D

witch ztr.jpg

5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

With the size lawn you are doing I would look more into a stander or wb. You wont be able to take avantage of a ztr in a small lawn. Much quicker with a wb or stander.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Jim, is that your wife? We know you use a Walker.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Here, I thought witches used nothing but GRAVE-lys.:D

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

a good used lazer would do ,but what u gonna do with
    the other 5 1/2 days of the wk.:)

9. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I havent found a ztr that I dont like. But to me if your going to buy one go ahead and get at least a 60" deck. If your going to go smaller stick with a walkbehind or a stander. Brand to me doesnt matter as much as dealer support find a dealer you like and demo some mower's.