with 15000 dollars what would u buy???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wallyturcotte, Apr 12, 2008.

1. wallyturcotte

wallyturcotte LawnSite Member

last year one of my great aunts passed away and left me a fair bit of money.... god bless her..... if you had to start fresh what would you buy for a mower 54 and down for res??

2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

id buy something used put the rest in the bank. id much rather have money in the bank then a whole trailer full of stuff what happens when it breaks

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Kinda need for info on what you need to do with it. Are you cutting hills, is it open or lots of turns, do you need to change the height frequently, bagged or discharged, just 1 mower, how many hours will you use it in a year, and what are the dealers in less than 1 hour drive?

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

invest it........then proceed like you never got it.......

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

A round of Jameson shots and then the rest would go in retirement fund.

6. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Best advice ever.

7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I recieved $15K right now, I would pay off my Duramax, or invest it. Right now, it's a tough call. I dont like the way the economy is going, so i'm kinda reserved on money i'm spending....:confused:

8. wallyturcotte

im taking over 10 accounts for my father he wants out of the business.... i will be using it primarily for residential .... there are no gates anywhere and only one spot where u cant fit a 52 deck .....no hills ...lots of turns .....im not sure how many hours a year i will be using it .. but want to expand to at least 15 accounts.... in my area there is kubota toro hustler and gravely all less than 40 miles away.......

9. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd check into Hustler then...

10. wallyturcotte

would u go with the 54 deck in a hustler or a smaller unit?