1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

With todays competition increasing would you do it all over again?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michigangrass, May 26, 2003.

1. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

With everyone talking about competition growing faster than ever before...if you knew then what you know now, would you do it all over again?
  2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A most definite "maybe":D

Actually, I just wish I knew what I know now 9 years ago. Good Lord I wouldn't have left so much money on the table or wasted money buying things I didn't need.
  4. Brendan

Brendan LawnSite Member

Without any doubt.

Being your own boss is far better than working for someone else. I enjoy working outdoors, most of my customers, working with plants and every day lunch is a picnic.

I also get the satifaction that each job has been completed to a high standard. Not to mention the warm fuzzy feeling from seeing the turn over and profit increase over the years.

I keep an eye on my competition but they don't worry me too much. We are all players in the big game.

5. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

In the grand scheme of things I would do it over again. However there would DEFINATELY be some changes. Like when I started out on my own, how I conducted business, who I learned from, etc.
  6. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

Understanding that there are usually a number of things we all think back on that we wish we would have done differently but what is one thing that stands out in your mind that you would definately do differently.

I am picking brains when I can...starting to expand and would like to avoid any common mistakes.
  7. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I would do it again today and I wish I had started 25 years ago when I was 20.
  9. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

10. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely YES!

But it would have been nice to know what I now know! :D