Withdrawls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MattW, Mar 4, 2003.

1. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

I don't know about most of you, But, I am starting to have withdrawls from the smell for fresh cut grass (Well mybe it would be the smell of green $$$) (same thing). It has been a long "cold" winter here. I have over 5' snow banks still on my front lawn (and another stormcoming in tonight into tomarrow). By the looks of it I might be moving by august (lol it'll take that long to "Rid" of my white mountains), and the ditchwitch might be able to go on hard ground somewhere in sept. (only kidding but if this winter doesn't get outta here soon, I am gonna go "NUTZ")

This year I found the real meaning of "CABIN FEVER!"

Green Grass Irrigation & Lawn Care

2. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Yeah I wish we where seeing green. Another 8- 12 inches coming tonight. Was hoping to start cleanups mid march...I guess no chance of that!!:( :(

3. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I know what you mean I should be outside getting equpment started and washed up. It's usually in the fifties by now. They're calling for freezing rain sleet and snow for tonight and tommorow. Last year I complained that I only got to do snow twice so I guess I got what I wished for. Got another little one due in september and hoped to hit it hard early and make a little extra but I guess time will tell.

4. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I had some clean-ups and pruning to finish last fall when we got a snow in early November. I haven't made it back yet! Maybe the snow will melt soon????????

5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

iclgs - know what ya mean. I'm in Armada but work down in the Pointes - looks like we have a little more snow to go before we can even think of spring!

6. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

everything will be just fine.

7. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Brian, same thing happened to me. There I was doing a fall cleanup and it started snowing. Haven't been back since. I think I should moved to california sun all year round!!!!:D :D

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I am with you but just remember the heat and the exhaustion that only a 95-degree day with 90 percent humidity can bring. I will personally enjoy the cold for a few days more. I love working in Northern Va.

Gravely_Man

9. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I've got em too, I'm really ready to get out there and start mowing.

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Well, I got back in the swing of things last Sunday. Hard at it. The snow has put me behind. I'm not actually mowing yet, but Im cleaning up, mulching, pruning, soon to be scalping. I did see one of my lawns today (Zoysia) had some green stands. Wont be long now.