WM Nitro

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sprinkus, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

At least until after your warrant expires right? :laugh:

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

some of the inspiration (or blame) goes to Lloyd King, who made a very good PVC manifold tee and manifold cross, that just happened to give you room to unthread a Richdel R204 valve, when the fittings were glued together in the manner shown - when those fittings went off the market, I 'rolled my own' with sch 40 tees/crosses and sch 80 TOE nipples

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Electrical conduit fittings (gray) are different in that they are not tapered. WTF R U Talkin' abut?

4. jvanvliet

Does that apply to SCD 80 threaded nipples & SCD 80 threaded unions too? I don't use SCD 80 slip fittings on SCD 40 pipe.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Does not apply to any pressure rated PVC fittings. Electrical conduit fittings only.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

jvanvliet

I caught this thread my mistake. I normally don't read the Irrigation forum. But lets us at least give Wet Boots credit for not stacking his manifold Vertical like I have seen others do. It always amazed me when I have seen some of these Short Bus installs. It makes me wonder now these guys find their way home. Sorry but if I had a tech do an install like that. It would simply be the last one he ever did for me. At least put longer nipples in so the Valve bodies could be changed. Grant you 99% of the time you only need to change the guts. But what about that 1 %??????? With that many valves you have a better change of having one bad one that doesn't show up until you test the system.

I got out of the Irrigation part of the business when $ 1100.00 City water hooks up became common in my area. These were 3 zone system on 8 zone property. Service calls where a nightmare because no matter what you did Coverage was impossible to get. It started with a price war between two jerks.

BTW Here in Florida we don't have frozen ground or do we drain Irrigation systems for the winter. I would think with the Freeze line being as deep as it is in NY you would want to design for easier maintenance. Oops Never Mind. I forgot NY is a Blue State and could care less about the future generations.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Spinning out a valve from within the box was never a priority on any install I ever saw, even before I undertook install work myself. If it were, we would all be using male-end valves and union fittings.

Obviously, there is a high degree of trust in the valve bodies not needing to be replaced {knock wood :hammerhead:}

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The only time I've ever replaced a W*M valve body is when we've put WAAAY too much air into the system.

9. jvanvliet

Thank you, as always, you are entirely correct.

10. jvanvliet

We don't use air to blow out the valves, :laugh:

Usually the building contractors economy T and discount house thrust block give way first.

deadhead01a.JPG

deadhead02a.JPG