Woking on a bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&T Lawn Care, Dec 20, 2005.

1. B&T Lawn Care

B&T Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I was wondering about a commercial bid that is a aparment complex/ condos that has 31 acres of grass to cut. How do I price something so big?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Your best bet is to break it down into several parts and go from there.

Then expect the winning bid $$$ amount to be about 1/2 of what you thought it should be. That's a fact with commercial bids. And don't forget to factor in your time for picking up trash and moving lawn furniture and kid's toys out of your way too.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

You just about have to bid it out liek you would anything else. Measure it, break it down into small areas....For homeowners I picked the occasional toy. but I did a town house complex and I had two scheduled maintenance days each week...I edged, trimmed, blowed and mowed the fronts on one day and did the backs and everything else the second day....It only took a couple times of mowing around lawn chairs or kiddie pools did they learn....I was pretty cool on Wed. they knew I was doingt he fronts which also has the parking lot areas. Most of teh cars would be parked back about an extra foot from the curb. It was nice to be able to edge and not worry so much about nicking a bumper...

Keep in mind, that you will never ever keep all of the people happy all of the time...so long as you keep the board of directors and the management company happy you are doing great.

Buy some car wash coupons....some a-hole will complain about a blade or two of grass or dust on their car when the wind is blowing 20mph...give-em the coupon and get back to work....just factor that into the price...

go to google earth and get an overhead picture of the property to help calculate the acreage....not exact, but will get you int he ballpark...