Woman Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by windywildflower, May 8, 2004.

1. windywildflower

windywildflower LawnSite Member
    from N.J.

Me and my husband have a lawncare service. This is our 3rd season. I find our customers LOVE the fact that we work together and our 20 yr. old daughter also works for us (they say there tired of all the mexican landscapers,just quoting here!)I do almost everything in our business from calls to cutting. I do feel I can't do everything a man can do only because I am not as strong as a man! But my advantage, is the customers feel comfortable with a woman around, 99.9% of my customers are single or widowed woman. As it is were jamming with work! So what about woman landscapers, is it a good idea or not?

2. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

If they do a good job and make a good living then why not. Glad to hear your doing so well. Keep up the good work.

3. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I'd support the idea. the woman landscapers I've came across we're totally coola nd hard workers. Heck, i would have made it big if i would have married one of those girls a long while back, but wishful thinking huh, still lookin for a good one.

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I work for one.

She started the business about 5 years ago, Ed (her husband) found out he was having more fun landscaping than being an extension agent, so he quit and went to work for her!

So far, I'm the only full time employee, but we'll have a summer employee this year....

Dan

5. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Women, I think, are generally more persnickety.... Usually the end result of their work is very pulchritudinous.

Women also seem to have lots of stamina.

6. indmowing

indmowing LawnSite Member

Absolutely a great Idea, I can't see anything wrong with it. Woman can do very well in this industry. I agree with chuck to a certain degree, woman to in a lot of cases pay stricter attention to detail and generally offer a great level of quality

Must run

Ebony

7. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

OK Lemme get out the ole websters!!! Never have seen these words before, so now i have to learn it.

persnickety- fastidious, scrupulous
    (dang, that did alot of good!!)
    fastidious- selecting carefully, choosing only what is good
    pulchritudinous- (pul kri tude) n. beauty

I think i'll just stick with COMMON english. If i go around spewing out words like this, i might be accused of cussing someone.

windy, i think that women landscapers are good workers. My mom helped dad cut lawns for about 15 years in this small town. In their peak year, they cut 100 llawns plus cemetaries and other large accounts. I believe she could go step for step with dad weed eating. They were a great team, real efficient! Good luck with your business!

8. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

Karen loves being out there helping me every chance she gets.

9. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Lucious lawn ladies.( Babes on mowers).HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Had a few hotties working for me, Customers loved it. Wife fired em.:eek: :nono: :nono: :nono:

10. Big M LawnnSnow

Big M LawnnSnow LawnSite Member

Seems to me as long as your doing quality work and your customers are happy, It doesn't matter what gender you are.
    My girl friend has her own lawn care business and she does a great job.
    Good luck
    MJ