Woman Screaming I woke her up!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JOEWOOD, Apr 17, 2005.

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

I began my usual saturday morning route yesterday, started mowing a regular at 7:am.(Tried to slip them in early for a weekend party). This older gal comes running out of the house next door screaming at the top of her lungs "You woke up my entire household of guests". She told me if we don't shut those damned machines down she's calling the cops. there was no dealing with this crazy, not to cause any bad feeling with my nearby customers I went on to another area of town till things cooled off. :dizzy: :dizzy:

Just worried about her badmouth'n me, spreading the wrong story to others.
    I might have added a few choice words during the heat. :help:

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

IMO 7 am is too early for homeowner mowing. I get there no earlier than 8 am. Commercial is 7 am for me though.
    I dont work on Saturdays anymore. But I sure wouldnt have cut that early on a weekend day if I did.
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

7am is a little early for residential in my opinion.......especially on a Saturday.....you were probably the one who was wrong in this case.......

You may want to also check into any noise ordinances in the areas you work.......some places set time frames for work to be done....

Good Luck......

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I do agree that 7 am is early for residential, even during the week. I would say to avoid coming before 8 unless you can help it.

If you need to be there that early for a special circumstance, leave a note on the neighbors doors giving them a heads up!
  5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

and if the city had to fix a pot hole in front of the house at 7 am would she call the cops too ,i would have kept cutting ,gas is to high to be back pedaling but to be honest i would have worked till dark on Friday to get that customer done. even i hate to get up that early on sat.
  6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Generally in the city code there are rules concerning when you can start construction work or making noise above a certain decibel. In my city, you cannot start loud construction work, which mowing would fall under, until 9:00 on a Saturday.

Mow your commercial properties on Saturday morning.
  7. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

I had that happen and they did call the cops and found out I could have started at 6am..hehehe :)
  8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I do not mow residential before 9 am.

You were out of line. 7am on a Saturday and I'd call the cops on you too. :waving:

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

:dizzy: you should be glad she dont own a gun! ;)
  10. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

We never mowed residential before 8am during the week and never earlier than 9 am on Satuday mornings. It's just a being courteous...