1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Women on your crew

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thartz, Jul 13, 2003.

1. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Hired one last week.Anyone else? She is pretty good at most functions.She has no lawn care experience but is a very willing student.So far so good.
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I tried that with one woman...didn't work out...I got tired of starting all the handheld equipment for her which she couldn't seem to manage. Now she just answers the phone and supports me. Oh yeah...she's my wife.
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

4. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

why, bobby? and give an actual reason, not one of your usual smart-ars, "woman should be seen and not heard..." responses. Give a real reason, please.

( I would never hire a woman to mow, other than myself. I know that I am gonna hear it-but I wouldn't have a woman mowing b/c I don't want to hear the complaints about the heat, rain, or whatever might else be sucky that day. I just honestly think that this is man land and most woman cannot cut it. Sorry, but that is how it is.)

from AL

I agree with Bobby.

chick on plow.jpg
  6. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I think women can do a better job at just about any job on the face of the earth... women are more patient,much more picky, etc., etc...

BUT, we still clowned on guys who had girls in their crews... or, maybe felt sorry for them... I enjoyed my time away from my wife and women... we enjoyed our established MAN environment where we could talk man talk, finish up early and go play some pool and have a cold beer. I enjoyed and loved my wife when I got home, especially when I sat down for dinner. (lol)
  7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Ultimate,

I thought you were a guy? ;)
  8. Lawn Mamasita

Lawn Mamasita LawnSite Member

My daughter and I will be the only women on my husband's crew.
  9. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

bikini pictures ultimate!
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, lets see, dont think i have enough room on this page to list all the reasons. here goes: they are not as strong, not as durable, lets face it, the work combined with the elements makes it rough some times. they are sensitive, you have to watch your mouth around them. they are pretty, and may "distract" us from our work. they dont work well under pressure, they cant make rational decisions under pressure. if they need to pee u have to take them somewhere nice to do it, not the woods like we do. i have 100 other reasons but its almost 8:30 am, gotta go. btw, is that your pic ultimate? or your wife? girlfriend?