Women workers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone on here hire women workers? I have one that is wanting to work for me and I am getting desperate. I have worked with many women before in a factory and some could out work most of the guys, but this was not carrying around trimmers and blowers all day. I would just like to know if you do. I am in no way trying to bash women so please don't think that I am.

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Best hire I made last yr was a woman. She worked like a horse, was never late, paid attention to detail and had a good attitude. She is getting married and moving away, I wish she could work again this yr. I'd have her running a crew.

3. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I had my girlfriend help me with a big mulch job and every hour she would say my pants are getting ruined and I have to pee, lol. ughhhhh that was the last day that she worked. Nice thing though is you get alot of people that honk there horns or handing me a thumbs up.

4. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

When my wife has time she helps me out. She does it all except run the WB.

5. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

My wife helps out all of the time. She is probably the best worker. Like Lawntamer said "attention to detail" She runs the walkers, trims hedges, uses a blower all day for clean-ups. not to fond of trimming though.:weightlifter:

6. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

i have a woman working for me in the summer very good worker doent complane attention to detail does not like the big mowers but well run them she love my lawn boys senc a speed lol wonder y she like them light very good cut dont have to work to hard runnin them but all in all she does very well in my team

7. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I quess it could go either way for you but you need to feel that she is capeable of doing the work and not just trying to get hired somewhere and play the sexual harrassment card and sue you.. im only putting this out their because ive seen it a couple two or three time happen to unsuspecting bosses!

8. Weekes

Weekes LawnSite Member

Beware of discrimination. IF this lady found out you had pasted this and did not hire her. Bye, bye business.

I'm not kidding, this is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Ever hear of equal rights and such.

If she says she can meet your requirements for work you CAN NOT discriminate. We do not live in the early 1900's. Sorry but this is basic HR stuff.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

So long they can do the work, that's all that matters.

10. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Topsite...What the heck is that a picture of ????? I dont know how much time ive spent staring at it ? :dizzy: