1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Won the bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lanelle, Jul 15, 2000.

1. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Just thought I'd share an update on my work. As some of you know, I've been working on the design of a large project since late December. Finally got the designs done and the specifications written. The client turned it all into a bid package that was a bound 'book' over an inch thick. Then the fun began: Bidding the job, knowing that some of the other bidders like to low-ball. Found out a couple of days ago that we are being awarded the bid. Whew, what a relief! Now if I can find all of the plant material that growers promised me, I'll be really happy.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats Lanelle<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

All right Lanelle, way to go!<br>No comes the fun part. How was your pricing compared to the others?<p>----------<br>paul<br>

4. kenneybros

kenneybros LawnSite Member

Great job!! I knew you could do it!! I would also like to know how you where price wise. Congrats-MATT

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats! Nothing worse than designing and spec.'ing a job for a client & having them find someone else to do the work. Good luck with the project!

6. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys! I'm wondering where our numbers were, also. We haven't gotten any solid information about the competing bids, yet. I anticipate that eventually I will be able to gather the others' bid data.

7. Bladecutter

Bladecutter Guest

Hey buddy, I've been there a few times myself. That why they make Rolaids!!!Congrats!!!! Good luck. <br>Dave Williams