Wonder if I'll get paid...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by procut, Jun 2, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw one of my residential customers walking into one of those "cash advance" places today. Wonder if his payment is going to be on time this month???

2. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Lets hope...

Those type places never made sense to me.... You dont have money, so you go get a "loan" for money you'll have next week (paycheck) and they are going to charge you $xx.xx out of it. Now how is someone thats obviously stretched to the max with no cash supposed to get out of the cycle.

For those that may do it one time and can get out, fine. But so many of the people that use those are only hurting themselves more.

All Clear

3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Give the benefit of the doubt. You dont know for sure if thats why or what he was there for.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

He has always been a prompt payer in the past. Not sure why else he would be going there though.

5. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

To make sure he has the cash to pay you or isnt late on other bills (he cares about)
    You never know....

All Clear

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe he OWNS it and you just don't know it.........

7. IML8RU2

IML8RU2 LawnSite Member
    from BC

You can also send wire transfers from there. He may just have been doing that.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You are so right, but it took me many years to figure this one out.
    Not that I didn't know what you just said, but here is what I eventually clued out of it all:

- Money breeds, and so does the lack of it.

Money is power, the more money you have, the wider your options.
    The less money you have, the more everything you do costs.
    So, it literally costs MORE money to survive when you have the least.

It's sick, it shouldn't be like that, and the hardest part is getting out of that rut.

As for the thread, you'll probably get paid but I might suggest billing by the cut and don't cut again until you get paid for the previous service.

9. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Pawn shops are the same deal.

When I was younger I would pawn CD's and Tapes, I moved onto TV's and Guitars, lol. This one example I remember in particular I pawned a $900 TV for beer and cigarrettes (basically) I put it in and got it out about 5 times the cost was about $50 interest each time. They would give me about $200 and I would owe about $250 but then I lost my job and I was trying to struggle to keep the tv so I paid just the interest for about 3 months (approx $150) then I realized that I just can't give a $250 payment in the middle of winter while I was laid off and so I lost it.

I lost other things to but I haven't used a pawn shop in like 15 years and I never will.

10. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you are worrying about nothing. If he is paying you, why does it matter how he is getting the money? As soon as he starts missing payments or being late, that is when the problems begin. People have financial issues all of the time...its part of life.