1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wondering about billing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sullylawn, Aug 27, 2006.

1. sullylawn

sullylawn LawnSite Member

guys hope you can clear this up for me ?? i've been mowing for years part time for my father , i took over recently . I am trying to take on extra cleanups, how do you guys bill them say the cleanup is in late oct early nov do ya quote for the 2 trips if everything not down , ive only been dealing with reg cust that pay monthly which i'm not sure if dad was billing correctly we had these cust since 1975. i don't want to under charge is it better to bill by the cut??:usflag:
  2. Gemini1971

Gemini1971 LawnSite Member

Good question.. I was kinda wondering sorta the same thing but pertaining to a fall leaf clean-up which you normally have to do twice.
  3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

There are many, many threads about charges for leaf cleanup. Do a search and start reading. I think you will find nearly as many ways to do the charging as the number of posts related to the topic. From what you read, you can at least start with a strategy that you think may work for you. After you have worked part of the cleanup season, or at after the first season is over, then you can refine your strategy to one that you feel best fits your capabilities, costs, etc. Undoubtedly, a strategy that you begin using will not be one you will use for an extended period, but you will modify ways of working, charges, and disposal.