Wondering what you would charge?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by whitneyc, Mar 14, 2006.

1. whitneyc

whitneyc LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

This local restaurant called me for an estimate today and here's what they want:
    Mulch beds 1015 square feet at 2"
    I get it for $32.00

Re-Sod 3610 square feet
    I get it for .155 per square foot
    It was sodded last year by someone else but didn't take or probably never watered! So I think I could really just pull up most of the sod pieces.

Was wondering what you guys would charge for this since it is a commercial property. I do mostly residential and never seem to be able to get any businesses. Thanks

2. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Thats less than 70.00 per pallet what kind of sod

3. Xterminator

it will take approx 3.5 to 4 Yards of mulch if you put it two inches thick

4. whitneyc

whitneyc LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

i get it from a sod farm and it's kentucky blue grass

5. Xterminator

How much is it

6. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

1 yard is 27 cubic feet which is 162 sq feet at 2 " 1,034 sq feet = 7 yards i think at 2 "

7. indysoccer16

indysoccer16 LawnSite Member

we only put down fescue here in the St. louis area but in illinois and we pay around 1.20 a sq yard. and I cant remeber our price for blue grass but it isnt much different. It helps when the bosses best friend/ childhood friend owns one of the largest sod farms in the area. We use mostly big roll though, but slabs are .10 higher per pallet because of his new sold cutting machine.

But on to your question we charge around 1.55-1.75 depending on if we are doing it for a person or home builder Then I think its around 1.75 per sq yd to lay it including fertilizer.