1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Won't Listen to me , so lawn is toast

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn Tek, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Last Year ,while working across the street , I see what was once a beautiful lawn , now ruined . I go over to offer some free advice to the home owner . He applied crabgrass killer in July , toasting the lawn .
    We renovated it in Sept and it was back to beauty again . He was a happy camper .
    This year he refused my Fert Program " Don't need it "
    Called Later for a weed spray , Which we did . He was happy again
    He called 4 weeks ago said lawn has dead brown spots , he irrigates , we went over for an inspection , melting out , recommened fungicide spray , which he said to do .

Spent 30 min rigging up and drive over there , upon arriving he said "DON'T YOU SPRAY MY YARD ". Why ?
    " I called xxx landscaping largest in area and they said not to do it" ! I said did they come out and look at it ? He said no !
    I said , well if want to let them screw up your lawn go ahead !
    As you can see these two { home owner & other clowns are real good }

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I would not work for him any further and let him know the damage done to his lawn was a fungus problem, you were right, and see ya!
  3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Dump em.
  4. Boy that look purrrrdy....

Can I use that pic to advertise with? I'll put it on the front of my brochure.

I feel for you, you're going to stare at that lawn every time you go past it. Don't shake your head when there is no grass left.
  5. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

L G F , use the pic if you want . Would like to see finished brochure
  6. I was being sarcastic.

I hate it when you try your dambedest and people still screw your work up.