Woo Hoo everything is paid off!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by South Florida Lawns, Aug 3, 2008.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Just sent in the last payment on my truck. Going to look at a new Diesel tomorrow and probably a new mower!

2. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

lol, jumping right back in the payment saddle! im a firm believer that you gotta spend $ to make $.

3. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Congrats.................for a little while youll be payment free anyway...
    What Diesel ya thinking of??:usflag:

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Having everything paid off.... oh, what a nice dream.... Good job, especially in this economy.

5. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Some just can't live without a payment hanging over their head. Believe it or not, if you save up and pay cash for things you actually spend less money.

James

6. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I was suprised at all the people that are against financing things on here.

I paid prolly $200 more by financing my 2003 chevy new than if I would have paid flat cash for it. Big deal money is made and spent.

As for diesels Isuzu NPR.

As for daily If you do it right you can get money cheap these days, its not that bad.

7. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

If $200 is no big deal, than just send me $200. I'm just saying, financing is not a good deal. The last truck I purchased, I wrote the check for what I would pay for it, which was slightly over Wholesale after going round and round with the sales mgr and drove it home that day. You have the carrot when you have the money.

James

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Wish I could say the same for my truck. I still have nearly 4 years to go... Congrats! Are you going after a stander now?

9. South Florida Lawns

from usa

yeah I have narrowed it to a stander. So daily how would you go about purchasing a home? Don't tell me your gonna throw 250,000 cash down? Thats "Ballin" if you do!

I'm just curious.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yep ya need new stuff for tax deductions....even the interest on the loan is a deductible....no need to send it to the gov...rather have it in the yard to look at then in DC

wayne