1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

woo hoo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by will@otherside, Jul 22, 2001.

What do you think of the Bad Boy?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2001.
  1. great mower

2 vote(s)
  2. horrible machine

0 vote(s)
  3. needs some improvements

2 vote(s)
  4. heavy version of a D.C.

4 vote(s)
  1. will@otherside

will@otherside LawnSite Member

:blob3: I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the Expo and I will be going back again.A special thanks to PJ from Hustler for the hat and convincing me that I need a new "Super Z" man what a mower. By the way did anyone else check out the new guys from Ark. with the Bad Boy?If so what did you think?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No problem helping you out...
    Thats what we are there for.
    I did see the "Bad Boy"....
    It is a direct copy of a chopper............. A few minor addtions, but nothing that impressed me to much...
    On sunday after the outside booth had broken down there happened to be a little racing going on....:rolleyes:
    Bad Boy, Dixie Chopper, And Hustler Super Z........
    Super Z took em all.........
    I do not promote racing these mowers or the unsafe operation of any mower, but if they are all heading for the trailer at the same time..............It's nice to see which unit is there first.......lol

Did you go to Reynolds and run a Super Z on some larger areas ?
    If so what do ya think ?

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Has anyone found a website for this "Bad Boy"?

Which model DC was it that you raced?
  4. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Don't try doing a search for it on Excite. I typed in Bad Boy and let us just say it returned some scary search results if you know what I mean. Ech gag! They should have called it something else.
  5. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

OK-since I was one of the ones doing the racing, I gotta tellya, the bad boy got alot of folks attention. Not just from the race, BUT>>> maybe from Arkansas I am biased, but anyone who looked at the machine know it was designed by someone who mows. it has some kinks to work out, but the accessability and cleanability of the machine are unmatched, the speed is available if they could get the dang front wheels balanced, the engine is near bulletproof ( 27, with 29 and 31 liquid Kaw's coming next year) the tires, pumps, wheelmotors are huge. MARK MY WORDS- watch how the boys from arkansas make the competition offer some of what they figured out in only 3 years of making them. they are just leaving the prototype stage, but offering-swing away panels on everthing- fenders, pulleys, seat, deck- easy access to all pumps and filters, simplified design and layout for cleaning and servicing. maximum tip speed. 1/4 inch thinck decks. super strong frame. electric lift. big coolers on everything. no wires or cables going everywhere and back. I honestly believe I could change out any pump, wheelmotor,filter, belt, switch or engine with ease and without removing other stuff to get to it. It literally is just "right there".
    I'm not gonna buy one just yet, but the price is cheap and in another year i think bad boy will be a major player, faster, and smoother, and bank on it -chopper is already thinking how to catch up and improve before bad boy hits dealers and distributers.
    I think chopper will recind thier offer of the mowing the most etc., not just because of bad boy ( 2nd) , but because of the mower that won the "race". scary thing is, the winner ( lets just say it was a super day) had more to give. and was WAY smooth on turf and slopes. at 15mph, maybe 16 .It was running at 3405 rpms, I'm thinking the kaw could go to 3800, maybe 4000rpm with oil cooler and still last -3000hours.... lessee.. at 20% more rpms the speed would be...very nice indeed. Fred, the vp at hustler said to me with some seriousness...we can't go faster than 25 because of the speed rating on the tires, and the gov. rules on brakelights and the like. Having ridden the winner, I think it might be able to do it. seatbelts, airbags anyone?

Eric- the choppers that were racing against me and boozoo was 3 different ones, the 50 diesel, the 40 turbine, and the 25 gas. the chopper folks rode them. they ran third each time. sorry. perhaps you could lean on the "blades weren't running" argument. or "actual cutting" capacity. or shinyer. something.

Dave g
  7. will@otherside

will@otherside LawnSite Member

Great post thanks dave:alien: :blob3: :alien: