Wood Chipper Overhaul

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by SLC LLC, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just to specify, we are a major player in the tree care industry. However, there is nothing better to me than the feel of having a chainsaw in your hands! We also did a lot of debris removal and storm damage cleanup, and I got to the point where I was tired of loading trailers full of tree branches and then having to unload them by hand... Those of you that have done this know how miserable it is. We also will take down some trees on occassion, but not something that we strive to do.
    About two years ago, I went on search for a chipper, and found a good deal on a 1982 Vermeer 1600. The thing ran like a champ, but was cosmetically bad. Since we did not use it that much, it was not a major priority to fix up. But as time allowed over the last couple of weeks, Dad and I spent some time rehabbing the chipper to fit into our fleet.
    Tell me what you think....

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

2. SLC  LLC

Sorry, meant to say that we are NOT major player in the tree care industry.

3. wayside

wayside LawnSite Senior Member

super nice work man. Came out nice. Nice trailer also

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good, I almost wish I had one. But then again I don't really need one.

5. SLC  LLC

Thanks guys. Will try and get a picture of all the equipment here when the weather breaks. Tough to get it all together at the same time. I have been on the site for several years now, but prefer to read and learn more than post.

6. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow good ole chuck and duck!! no safety switches on that lol! Looks good, shouldve taken some before pics! Like the lettering too! Good work

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Thats a solid machine there. Good luck with it, thing looks brand new btw.

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

thats old....but looks good!

9. SLC  LLC

Definately chuck and duck! This thing will rip your arm off, whatever gets in its way. My dads hat got caught in there one day shot it right out the other side! No nonsense when working with this beast.

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Is there any before pics? I really like the white.