wood chippers????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SLC LLC, Dec 15, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone know where to find used wood chippers for sale? i am looking for something along the size of a vermeer rental unit that you see at the rental places. taking limbs up to 4" or so. thanks for any help.

2. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Striper,

Check with the Vermeer dealer in Chesterfield (636)532-2332. They may have a trade in from a rental yard or customer. They may also help find someone who is selling it on their own.

J-

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

check with rental companies thy may sell one to you or ironplanet.com may have one in your area check it out

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Vermeer has a good 6" model. You might also check for brush bandit chippers. I was at a local dealer a few weeks back and was impressed by the models the offered and the availiable extras for the units! Ebay has listings for that equipment under the business and industrial heading and then constrction then heavy equipment and trailers.

You might ask at arboristsite.com to find out about other sources for used chippers.

5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

I would look for a woodchuck chipper, they are much better than all the Vermeer machines we have used. I have owned ours for 4 years and it is a great machine, It handles up to 12" logs.

http://www.woodchuckchipper.com