Wood floor or mesh?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Southern Pride, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Looking into buying another trailer. Got quotes on treated wood floor or the mesh.

What do you all prefer? My only concern with the mesh is mulch. Not sure if it will hold up or fall through? lol

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

What about dirt? Wood IMO!!! But if there's a gasoline spill on wood, it stains and obviously it falls through on mesh
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I wish my 16ft trailer had the mesh, but you dont see mesh on larger trailers, it is mostly on smaller ones. I think it would be great for the weight difference, and it will never rot. If you were hauling dirt or mulch, you could easily put down a tarp too.

4. Southern Pride

from Memphis

Yeah the tarp is a great idea. Damn, I can't decide! I like the idea of mesh, easy to clean and no rotting..I wonder if the equipment would slide around easier on the mesh though :hmm:

5. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Not if it was the raised type expanded steel. It provides grip

6. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I wouldn't buy the expanded steel one. Welds pop dents everywhere and rust.

7. Southern Pride

from Memphis

I think I'm about to order the treated wood one. There's a reason its a little bit more $ than mesh, I'm guessing.

8. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Heavier = quieter ride when it's empty, and on wood you can mount those braces that hold zero turns in place
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. pjlandscapes

pjlandscapes LawnSite Member
    from CT

I personally don't like the mesh floors... My friend just got a new 5 by 10 trailer with mesh, when he puts just his garden tractor on it, It sinks down a bit... He put it on my trailer with plywood and it doesn't go down at all
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Southern Pride

from Memphis

yeah I just ordered the treated wood floor. That is what I'm used to and it seems that is what's prefered.