1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Woods 6210 Mow'N Machine

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by gargamel, Mar 31, 2011.

1. gargamel

gargamel LawnSite Member

Hi,

I just rolled the dice and bought a woods 6210 mow'n machine with a 61" deck. I was wondering if anyone knew if this is compatible with the grasshopper accessories? Any other information/tips is appreciated too. it has 600 hours on it and seems to run well.

Here is the user manual from woods:
    http://www.woodsequipment.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=18552

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Grasshopper quit building Woods machines in the mid 90's. any Woods machine built since about then, probably will not fit up to Grasshopper attachments. I am not 100% positive about that though. The diagrams in the owners manual of the front of the tractor unit, appear to show a different method for hooking up attachments.

3. gargamel

gargamel LawnSite Member

The units look so identical I was curious. unfortunately, grasshopper doesn't let me poke through the user manuals like Woods does. I have no idea if the 6210 was made during that period or not. Thinking it might be a little bit newer than that.

Thanks again,

Rob

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Call the Grasshopper factory and ask for someone in customer service. Give them your Woods model and S/N, and they should be able to check and see if Grasshopper built it.

5. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Do your deck attachment arms use a yoke (like a clevis and pin set up)?

It the deck uses a yoke setup, there are two different size pins that were used depending on the year.

Older Grasshopper decks/accessories also used this yoke and pin set up for a while. Then they switched to a grapple hookup.