Woods mower hydro problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by birddog55, May 18, 2008.

1. birddog55

birddog55 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I'm just getting into this mowing thing and have a few questions that hopefully you fine people on this great site can help me with. First off I have a woods 6215 that has 700 hrs on it. The mower will go fine until you go forward all the way and the left side will slow down and then just stop totally.You can let off and start forward again and as long as you go super slow it will go. It sounds like the hydro just over pressures and bleeds off. The other question I have is if I need parts were is a good place to buy from? I have not payed for the mower yet the guy told me to take it and try it to see if I like it.He wants 2500.00 bucks for it other than the problem I mentioned it is in good shape.The thing has a Kubota diesel and has 702 hrs on it. sorry for the long post but just need some help Thanks.

2. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

i have a grasshopper i believe they were made by the same company if im not mstaken i may be. but the parts are not cheap and you cant find them for the hydros, i believe i have one going bad but i have 4500+ hrs on it. but to get them new or fixed was 800+ each side. but normal parts on the mowers were easy and cheap to get from the local dealer but i may be totally mistaken, sorry if i am