1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Woods mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AdvancedLawn, Mar 28, 2004.

1. AdvancedLawn

AdvancedLawn LawnSite Member

Anyone ever heard of Woods mowers?
  2. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

uuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm no
  3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i have a dead one at the shop right now.
  4. woodall1

woodall1 LawnSite Member
    from Eden NC

I've got a woods. It cut's very good. The only problem I've had is maintaining my deck height. I fixed it with a chain attached to the front of the deck and to the top link on my tractor. Belt replacement is not cheap. IT ran me $60 for the belt and about 2 hours down time chasing parts and replacing. No other problems. I'm actually looking at buying another.
  5. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

You would buy another one after haveing to fix the deck height and haveing problem getting belts. Put your money in something you don,t have to fix from the get go.
  6. woodall1

woodall1 LawnSite Member
    from Eden NC

Sure I would buy another. Seeing the age of the mower and the time it has put in. Those are very"small" problems. No mower is "bullet proof". Everything will break at some point in it's life. Keep in mind that this mower is pulled behind a tractor which gives me versitility that a normal mower can't. I don't think I could find a better place to put my money for my current needs.
  7. ztrx

ztrx LawnSite Member

Greetings- I have bought some used Woods ZTR mowers and then sold them asap. They are not very popular around DFW!!!
  8. woodall1

woodall1 LawnSite Member
    from Eden NC

I've never tried a Woods ZTR. What was the deal with them?