1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Woods Zero-Turn Riding Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robbo521, Jul 28, 2006.

1. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think they are the same or similar to Grasshopper. If so its a good product but I'm not sure. They are not very popular mowers for some reason though. But after looking at the website that sure doesn't look like a grasshopper so I'm probably wrong.
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

No, Woods has not been made by Grasshopper since the mid 1990's.
    Currently, Encore builds their front-deck machines. I believe Bobcat is building their midmounts now, but not sure on that. They do look a lot like the Bobcats.
    Woods changes builders every couple of years. Woods has a long history of parts availabilty problems. Your money would be better spent elsewhere on a brand that designs and builds there own machines, and, on a brand that has good parts availability. Most likely, the Woods mowers you are looking at now, will not be the Woods mowers you see next year, or maybe the year after that.
  4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks!the one i did see did not look like the ones on there site.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

ahhhh yesss, another slap-it-together out of various components so the customer can play the parts cross-referencing game because no dealer is willing to do it machine.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

The one in that link appears to be a Bobcat ZT220ES. Basically a ZT200 series with a cheaper engine.

If you have a Bobcat dealer in the area parts shouldnt be a problem...however if you do, I would just go get the Bobcat instead if Woods has had a history of switching alot.
  7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda like the craftsman mowers. They are always looking for a cheaper vender.