woods ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Dec 8, 2006.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Is the woods mz series good ? or a front mount , if you guys have pictures please post . :D

2. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Ive been interested in the FZ frontmounts. Just want more positive feedback before making a purchase.

3. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

same here i want some feedback for if i should buy one

4. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

i had 1 years ago bought new had a bad deck center baffel was 1.5 to 2
    inches away from center blade factory rep never made it right.factory spec call for .25 to .5 gap would drop grass after cut ag tires 4 to 6 psi
    would break bead and go flat on slope.too much blow out from deck to
    bag leaves trade in on 3110 kubota

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

With this type mower I think Grasshopper has a much more stable manufacturing history. Woods has changed who manufactures their mowers and parts over the years if I understand correctly. Parts may be hard to come by when they switch again. Just my opinion but they would be close to last on my to buy list. So my answer is no.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I also would suggest Grasshopper for a front mount. We have a Woods mid mount made by Gravely and parts are hard to get. Their always on back order. I suggest you stay away from Woods.

7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark has a front mount now, that looks similar to the woods and gravely. It has bigger drive tires than the grasshopper front mount. All front mounts are more expensive and are higher maintenance than a midmount.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It also has the 31 brigg's

9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

When I was looking for a front mount Z-turn mower I looked at Woods, Walker and Grasshopper (Navigator was not out at that time). The Woods did not seem to be made as well as the Walkers and Grasshoppers. The Walker is great for smaller manicured properties and getting into tight areas. The Grasshopper is a faster machine and both brands are welll built. I bought the Walker but would have no problem owning a Grasshopper. I like the narow signature of the Walker vs having a chute stick out on the side like the GH. I haven't noticed any higher operating costs than a midmount. I save time by being able to flip up the deck and changing blades easily. I flip the deck up for storage as well. Easy to clean the deck after mowing as well. Outfront deck mowers in my opinion are the better models to get.