1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Woods ZTR's?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigbob, May 5, 2000.

1. bigbob

bigbob LawnSite Member

I recently saw a couple of Woods ZTRs at my local John Deere dealer. They appear to by the typical midmount ZTR style. However, I have never heard of this brand, nor have seen any recent posts on this forum. Anybody out there have any experience with this brand?<p>----------<br>Bigbob<br>Houston, TX
  2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I did get to look at these units at a dealer demo/expo,can't give to much info.on the ztr's as the emphasis was on bigger equip.They did look built heavy to me.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen them and there is a reason there are so few on guys trailers. They are not as good as the Dixies, Exmarks, Bobcats, etc. I have no idea what they cost because even if they were $1000 I wouldn't buy one. I'll pay $10,000 for a Dixie again.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 1990 Woods CM-36 36&quot; mower. Woods at one time built their own mowers using plans licensed from Ferris. Right now they are selling 3 point mowers that they build themselves and ZTRs that are produced by Ariens (Gravely). My advice? Avoid them like the plague.
  5. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

woods is also the company that manufactures ztr's for sears (craftmans)B&S 17 hp engine with a 42 or 44 in deck and retails for $3500.