wording in add

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wriken, May 4, 2003.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

When placing a add whether it be a flyer's with rip off ph #'s or flyer's for doors ar even newspaper adds, do you guys/gals put that your insured, and if you do, do you put the amount of coverage you carry. Currently in some of my adds I do indicate that I'm insured, (no amount) also its on my enclosed trailer, and on my ramp sign on the open trailer. Just wondering. Lately I've seen alot of people out mowing even commercial property that look to me that they would not have ins, now I could be wrong, but I don't think so. anyways I've never been asked by residential, but have by commercial property's if I had ins. I guess what I'm really asking is if you mention the amount.

2. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Around here a few companies (or individuals) include the words "Licensed/Bonded" in their ads. Some simply include the license # in the ad at the bottom.

I don't include either in my ad, and if that changed I still surely would not include the amount of a bond or my liability insurance either.

Our brochures and such say that the information "is available on request" and I carry copies in my truck on the job incase someone asks. But I have thought that when I get new lettering on my trailer I may include the license number.

We don't do applications or landscape construction, either. That may make the difference. How about some of you who do?:confused:

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yes, I put "Insured" on my flyers, business cards, and on my signs on my truck and trailer.
    And although I haven't run an ad so far, if I did, it would say it in there too.

Just something to try to give me an edge.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I place this on my fliers yellow pages and business cards, but that's about it. Most people, in my opinion, really don't care (except commercials). The first year I got insured I wrote a letter to my existing clients and told them, but that was about it. I have NEVER had anyone ask if I was licensed or insured.

MATT